CFC circa 1946
The Concord Flying Club, organized in 1939, and incorporated in 1941 is believed to be the oldest continually operating flying club west of the Mississippi River. The club pre-dates not only Buchanan Field, where the club maintains its aircraft, hangar and clubhouse, but also the earlier Sherman Field which was located near Monument in present day Pleasant Hill.
The club strives to provide well-maintained airplanes to its members at the most economical rates (actual operating costs) possible. Currently, the club owns a diverse fleet of airplanes: